Responsible Gambling Guide
The Weekly Flutter is licensed in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission. License Number: 004818 Website: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Promoter: British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London. NW1 7AW
Responsible People: Mike Taylor
All profits from the Weekly Flutter will be used to fund the work of the British Heart Foundation
Registered Charity Number: 225971
Our Commitment Towards Responsible Gambling:
British Heart Foundation is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all.
Keeping Your Gambling Under Control:
The majority of people do gamble responsibly and gambling in moderation is okay, but it may help you to keep your gambling under control by:
• Remembering that you are taking part for fun and not as a means of investing your money
• Setting strict limits on how much time and money you're going to spend, before playing
• Quitting while you're ahead
• Only gambling with money that you can afford to lose
• Not spending more money on gambling in the hope that you will win back any money that you've already lost
• Keeping up other interests and hobbies and not letting gambling take over your life
• Not gambling in order to escape from stress or boredom.
How To Identify That Gambling Is Becoming A Problem:
For some people however, gambling can become a problem. If you are concerned about the amount you are gambling and feel it is taking over your life, then asking yourself the following questions may help you assess whether or not gambling is becoming a problem:
• Have others ever criticised your gambling?
• Have you lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or the time you have spent doing it?
• Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
• Do you gamble alone for long periods?
• Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
• Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
• Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
• Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
• After losing, do you feel you must try to win back your losses as soon as possible?
• When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost, in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
• Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
• Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
• Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
• If you would like to be excluded from the Weekly Flutter, you can complete the online Self-exclusion Form.If 'yes' is the answer to some of these questions, then it is likely that a gambling problem exists. You may also wish to consider whether a friend or relative might have a gambling problem? How To Get More Information And Help About Problem Gambling:
For friendly and helpful advice from trained counsellors, call the GamCare helpline on 0808 8020 133. The helpline operates between 8am and midnight, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – and calls outside of these hours will be taken by a recorded message service. Sometimes just telling someone about your problem can be a relief - and it is the first step towards dealing with your problem. You can also visit the GamCare website at www.gamcare.org.uk, for more information and advice.
Call our Weekly Flutter helpline on 01524 752050
Phone lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
In 2019, the likelihood of winning a prize was, on average, 1 in 165 in our regular Weekly Lotteries.
In 2019 our total lottery & raffle proceeds were: £3,041,133. 31.06% was spent on promoting and running our lottery & raffles, 12.61% was spent on prizes and 56.33% was spent on the work of BHF, helping to fund our vital research into heart & circulatory diseases.
You must be 18 or over to play. Underage gambling is an offence. Any player found to be under 18 will forfeit the right to any prize.
£1 per entry. Winning numbers are drawn every Friday. All prize winners are automatically notified - no need to claim. For full terms and conditions, please visit our lottery rules or call 01524 752 050 to request a copy by post/email.
Promoter: British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London, NW1 7AW. Responsible person: Mike Taylor.
British Heart Foundation is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4818. Website: www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit BeGambleAware or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
All proceeds from the Weekly Flutter will be donated to the British Heart Foundation. Registered charity in England and Wales (225971) and in Scotland (SC039426).
This web page is hosted by StarVale Management & Technologies Limited which is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 3273.
If you feel you have a problem with gambling visit www.begambleaware.org or call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133